Conceived by Mark Irwin ASC/CSC, 3iSpreader is a safer, smoother, better-balanced, durable solution for Ronford-Baker and OConnor tripods. The patented 3i system solves three common, annoying and potentially dangerous problems. First, it eliminates scratching and wobbling - common side effects of old-fashioned aluminum spreaders that rest on the floor. Secondly, it removes the need for old-fashioned bungee cords which are unstable, sloppy and prone to stretching and detaching. Finally, it raises the spreader off the floor, eliminating the chore of building up floors and other surfaces to keep the previous camera system level.
The 3iSpreader comes complete with one (1) EA 3iSpreader, and three (3) EA 3iSpuds.
- Machined metal 3iSpuds with rubber caps securely bolt over the tripod's spikes
- Securely connects to tripod feet with three quick-release pins
- Segments adjust from closed length to open length in increments of 2.5"/6.5cm
- Center pivot bracket puck design with recessed T-Handle in center to fold quickly
- Spreader can travel within the sticks and does not need to be removed for storage
- Anti-reflective and easy to grip
- Non-corrosive, scratch resistant, rust resistant coating
- Safe to use in fresh or salt water
- Closed length: 15"/38cm
- Extended length: 28"/71cm
- Leg adjusts in increments of 2.5"/6.5cm
- Weight: 8.5lbs / 3.85kg
- Aircraft grade 6061 aluminum
- Elastomer thermoplastic polyurethane coating